Job description / Role
Assist Senior QS in preparing the bill of quantity i.e. the quantity of materials required by the Estimation department to prepare estimates for the submission of tender monitor all projects works for variations and enable the project team / SQS to maintain profitability through accurate costing.
• Assist Senior Quantity Surveyor, to examine the tender to determine the quantity of the materials required so as to prepare bill of quantity for the Estimates department to provide rational and competitive estimates enabling the company to win the tender.
• Identify the subcontract element in the tender and float enquiry for obtaining quotation, vets the quotation and prepare a comparison report to finalize the subcontractor.
• Assist Senior Quantity Surveyor in preparing valuation report of the job every month to keep track of the percentage of the job completed against each item so as to control the dead line and take corrective action if some portion of the job are falling behind schedule.
• Assist Senior Quantity Surveyor in preparing the detailed specifications and obtain the estimates of additional cost from the estimates department in case of a variation i.e. a change in approved drawing or any addition to the job in order to obtain approval of the client.
• Check all quantities of subcontractor accounts, re-measure all work carried out and support subcontractors in the preparation of final accounts.
• Assist Senior Quantity Surveyor in preparing a final account once the job is completed and obtain a payment certificate from the client in order to enable the company to collect outstanding amount on due date
BSc in Quantity Surveying along with 4-6 years of local experience in the UAE with in interior fit out / construction industry.
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.