Job description / Role
• Execute day to day quantity calculations based on the qualitative input of the project surveyors.
• Preparing the weekly and monthly quantities and measurements and consolidate the data in reports for the Sr. quantity surveyor.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
• Assist in Rate Analysis and pricing of tenders.
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project/commercial work.
• Quantity takeoffs base on contracts drawings and specifications.
• Identify opportunities for cost reduction.
• Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Preparing and analyzing costings for tenders.
• Allocating work to subcontractors.
• To Coordinate and negotiate on contracts variations.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Develop weekly/monthly progress reports & procedures resources histograms & S-curve.
• Inform Sr. quantity surveyor on requests for quantity calculation instrumental equipment.
• Analyses the actual production output versus the planning and report on the performance of the project.
• Efficiently and constructively cooperate with the chief surveyors, quantity surveyors and the commercial department.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Masters / Bachelor degree in Quantity Survey or equivalent professional qualification.
• Certification of Cost Engineering is preferred.
Function specific experience:
• Tendering Procedures, Contracts Administration and Preparation of Bills of Quantities.
Industry related experience:
• Marine construction
Years of experience:
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Cost Consultancy
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||3 Jan|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Major Exhibition Programme
Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Saudi Arabia||21 Jan|