Job description / Role
The position carries responsibilities which need to manage and provide data/information related to costs from design stage till BCC. Working for the client, in an office or on-site, the aim should be to minimize the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Preparation of Cost planning and Cost Estimates
• Handling of pre & post contract calculations and correspondence
• Measurement of Bills of Quantities
• Prepare Tender Documents & tender addendum
• Tender analysis & negotiation
• Contract agreement
• Evaluation, negotiation and selection of suppliers / sub-contractors
• Specification writing up to date knowledge of materials and their applications.
• Attending pre-tender meetings, site visits, and preparation of site visit reports
• Checking and verification of contractor’s interim payment certificates
• Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations
• Monitoring project cost and preparation of cost reports.
• Use knowledge of construction methods and costs to advise the client on the most economical way of achieving the requirements. Use techniques such as Cost Planning, Estimating, Cost Analysis, Cost-in-use Studies and Value Management to establish a project budget.
• Identification, evaluation, and estimation of the levels of risks involved in a situation, their comparison against benchmarks or standards, and determination of an acceptable level of risk. (Related to Project Only)
• Advise organization on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company. Identify and assess threats, put plans in place for if things go wrong and decide how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks.(Related to Project Only)
• The study, identify, change, and monitor QS department process to ensure they run smoothly and can be improved over the time.
• Use technology to improve processes
• Laws and regulations relevant to the construction industry various forms of building and construction contracts
• FIDIC as applicable in the UAE
• Setting up and maintaining contract files
• Prequalification of contractors and organizing the relevant documentation and file keeping.
• Determines the feasibility of the project assist in proposing the preliminary concept and estimated cost of the project, exercise skill, care, and diligence. Studying RFP's identifying & clarifying opportunities & needs, Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering
• Objectives: The position carries responsibilities which need to manage and provide data/information related to costs from design stage till BCC. Working for the client, in an office or on-site, the aim should be to minimize the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Working Hours: Sunday-Thursday
• Travel requirements: Frequent travel between sites
• Masters/Bachelor of Engineering degrees in quantity surveying or other qualification which are accredited by the RICS (Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors) or the AIQS (Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors).
• Preference will be given for candidates who are having professional association memberships from RICS, AIQS etc.
• Engineering consultancy experience within GCC preferred and a minimum of 08-12 years of experience is mandatory.
About the Company
A leading architectural company in the UAE.