Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for accurately measuring and pricing using Contract drawings, specifications and Bills of Quantities.
• Advise on contractual matters.
• Ensure completeness and validity of contractual requirements.
• Advice on Contractor’s resource allocation.
• Audit payments to Contractors.
• Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of valuations.
• Check and record measure of work done.
• Prepare variations and day-works.
• Monitor contracts final cost estimate.
• Maintain expenditure records.
• Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements.
• Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
• Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
• Perform other duties associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar course from a recognized university.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant quantity surveying experience in large infrastructure projects including works on landscape, MEP, civil/structural.
• Knowledge of pre and post contract administration.
• Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.