Job description / Role
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of contractual and financial side of the fit out projects. Monitor all projects works for variations and enable the project team / SQS to maintain profitability through accurate costing.
• Attend all internal and external pre-commencement and progress meetings.
• Request necessary bonds, warranties, insurances, undertakings, etc until final discharge of obligations.
• Detect Variations and Changes to the Contract in liaison with the Project team and prepare, negotiate and follow up on Variations.
• Identify the subcontract element and float enquiry for obtaining quotation
• Review the quotation and prepare a comparison report to finalize the subcontractor including all necessary negotiations and problem resolutions.
• Prepare sub-contract order in line with contract requirement and company's standard procedures.
• Verification of progress of work.
• Check all quantities of subcontractor accounts, re-measure all work carried out.
• Prepare sub-contractor payment certificates and agree final accounts.
• Prepare interim and final accounts for the projects and to ensure cash collection on time.
• Produce monthly profit and loss report and presentation to the senior management.
• In collaboration with the project lead, prepare contractual notifications and relevant substantiation and conclude settlement.
Al Tayer Stocks LLC commenced operations in May 1998 as a joint venture between Al Tayer Group and leading South African construction company Stefanutti Stocks.
Experience & Qualification:
• BSc in Quantity Surveying
• 7 plus years of relevant experience.
• Minimum 5 years' of local experience in the UAE with a leading Interior fit out contractor.
• Local market knowledge would be an advantage
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.