Job description / Role
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we have led with vision, contributing to many of the world's most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50 th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a Quantity Surveyor, to join our award-winning team based in Dubai. The Quantity Surveyor will represent the Firm in its dealings with relevant parties, from pre to post contract award throughout the entire course of the construction activities for medium to large-sized projects. The individual will communicate with the Lead QS, Manager CQS and project senior cost controllers regarding the project's status and progress as well as managing the projects in accordance with established KEO Project Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include;
- Preparation and presentation of Pre-Contract Cost Plans and Pre-Tender Estimates.
- Attend project meetings and represent C-Quest.
- Maintains communication with the contractor and client's site representatives on all project related issues.
- Ensures the terms of the contract are followed and manages supplemental agreements.
- Managing projects with reach back support and being the commercial point of contact on a project and be experienced in presenting to the client, design team or any other relevant stakeholders.
- Implements cost controls and financial control procedures as outlined in the construction contracts.
- Assesses and reports upon client's variations to the construction works and claims for changes from the contractors.
- Identifies performance issues that need to be brought to the attention of the commercial manager.
- Administers contractual procedures to ensure compliance by relevant parties.
- Reviews, negotiates, and draws up settlements of client's variations and contractor's claims for changes.
- Measurement of site works from drawings and from site, including AutoCAD measurement techniques.
- Prepares progress valuations in respect of interim monthly and final payments to contractors.
- Assesses, measures, advises, and recommends on cost impact of design changes.
- Assists in the reviews, assessments and reports upon contractor's claims including review of time extensions, delays, and penalties.
- Prepares Change/Variation Orders and reports upon cost impacts of such orders on the construction budget.
- Prepares draft contractual correspondence and certificates for issue to the client and contractor.
- Prepares project cost and cash flow reports.
- Participates in cost and contractual review meetings.
- Provides input to consolidated Monthly Report submitted to the client.
- Provides general commercial/contractual support to the project teams.
- Will be expected to manage measurement resources and lead a team of measurement staff.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to co-workers.
- May perform other duties as required.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 5 years' experience from a similar role partnered with a Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Ability to implement commercial/contractual matters within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to analyse project variations and changes, prepare project reports, analyse information for adjustments to project budget as necessary to assure a successful project for the Client and the firm.
- Ability to measure works on site and from drawings including competence with electronic measurement systems.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents and solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Strong organisational, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret contract conditions and to understand, identify and assess project risks.
- Knowledge of Standard Method of Measurement of construction works.
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and Revit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MRICS or equivalent.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.