Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Khalifa city, UAE. The Work scope comprises roads, infrastructure and street scape.
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project. He / she will participate in the review and approval of interim payments, project variations and other financial matters. The QS will assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) in the analysis and evaluation of all contractor claims by the contractor and other contractual matters.
• Assist the SQS in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
• Participate, record and assist in the preparation of the minutes of the progress meetings.
• Provide support to the SQS on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
• Participate in all commercial meetings.
• Liaise with the SQS to ensure prompt submittal and completeness of Contractors monthly payment applications and assist the SQS in finalizing the payment certificates.
• Maintain and streamline all cost and quantity records.
• Advise the SRE and RE’s on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
• Evaluate the unit rates for new work items and present to the SQS for review.
• Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
• Assist the SQS in the preparation of variation orders.
• Participate in the Evaluate contractual claims for review by the SQS.
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims for review and issuance by the SQS.
• Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
• Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
• Monitor the contractor’s resource allocation.
• Assist the SQS in the preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
• Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
• Check and record measurements of completed work.
• Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
• Assist the SQS in the review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer (PMC).
• Participate in the preparation of Final Account with all supporting documentation.
• Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field and 5 years demonstrable experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration on major road, infrastructure projects preferably in UAE.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.