Job description / Role
A quantity surveyor's role is to manage the costs relating to building and engineering projects. This may include new builds, renovations or maintenance work.
From early design costs to final figures, quantity surveyors seek to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money whilst ensuring that the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements and regulations.
Quantity surveyor duties typically include:
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Coordination of work effort
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
We have urgent requirement of 3 Quantity Surveyor - Mechanical with Oil & Gas experience
In addition to the above qualification requirements employers also look for the following qualities:
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good knowledge of construction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Computer literate
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.