Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Deputy Managers assist the Store Manager. They take over when the SM is not available and share in their responsibilities. They help to motivate staff, handle administrative duties, and perform human resource tasks, such as recruiting and assessing staff performance. They will also perform many of the following tasks: Implementing business procedures. controlling cost or expenditure, maintain quality standards, training employees, budgeting, preparing reports, attending meetings, doing presentations.
What you will do
- Delivery of operational standards within the store in terms of Visual Merchandising, availability, customer service, stock maintenance, safety and security.
- Maintaining Brand integrity through display standards.
- Ensure proper security control of stocks in the store through the implementation of agreed delivery plans and by following company procedures relating to stock movement.
- Work with the merchandising team to ensure the availability of stock as well as identify and propose actions for slow moving / fast moving stocks for an efficient stock turnover.
- Ensure concerns and opportunities are addressed with the buying team with regards to ordering levels.
- Make sure IT systems are up and running without any business disruption.
Growth and Customer Service
- Ensure all employees are trained on customer service behaviors and exhibits them on the shop floor.
- Proactively monitors customer behavior and feedback to increase service levels.
- Works with customer research to identify any gaps or opportunities to increase service levels.
- Set an example for the team to follow.
- Monitors the performance of competitors in the market and identifies opportunities and threats are addressed and actions are implemented with coordination of the Regional Manager and Function Heads.
- Monitors the performance of the store and benchmarks for sales growth with the Store Management Team.
People - Hiring, training and development
- Responsible for hiring, training, development of employees.
- Ensures a training calendar for the store.
- Responsibility for ensuring staffing levels are adequate to effectively operate the store,
- Motivating, supporting and monitoring staff performance in all aspects.
- Ensuring adherence to HR requirements and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety requirements and procedures
- Ensure a succession plan in the store for growth of talent and un-interrupted business operations.
- Work with the Store Manager and ADM in preparation of annual budgets relating to sales, manpower, revenue and operating expenses.
- Ensure all relevant reports are issued on a timely basis.
- Ensures that there is an effective Admin Team in place to handle financial procedures including handling invoices, credit notes, petty cash, etc.
Required Skills to be successful
- Experience with and passion for premium fashion brands
What equips you for the role
- Graduate Degree
- Retail and Whole sales experience
- Motivated and can work towards set targets and KPI'S
- Experience with and passion for premium fashion brands
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer focus
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer's in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference...
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.