Job description / Role
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driver less metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The role will be required travel to European destinations, on occasion for extended periods to work as an integrated member of an international engineering product and system development team.
• The WPM will act as the focal point within the regional engineering organisation, representing all technical matters relating to the design and production of the radar passive antenna elements.
• He/she will Lead and represent the local engineering development and supplier production package within the monthly technical review forums for the assigned work package.
• Responsible for providing early warning notifications and engineering quality alert inputs to the project and engineering management hierarchy in terms of technical or engineering risks & issues and will develop strategies for mitigation of the work package risks.
• Management of subcontract/partner production organisations to assure timely and quality assured product deliverables.
• Prepares engineering deliverables, compliant with DDQS requirements with appropriate use of the Engineering Environment (E2).
• Liaise with the project manager and the SEM, for all aspects related to his/her work package.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Due to the complexity of the position, the Radar Antenna systems - Work Package Manager is expected to demonstrate a high level of soft skills and strong work package leadership in an engineering context. In particular, the WPM is expected to demonstrate significant production and supplier management with an understanding of mechanical design and production knowledge. UHF Radar antenna system design experience is not essential but a distinct advantage
The WPM requires a good knowledge and experience of the project's Domain and industry, its solutions and associated engineering practices and has demonstrable experience of:
• Reconciliation among various stakeholders (co-engineering)
• Understanding and influencing needs (Concept & requirements)
• Planning and managing the development(development strategy, estimate, risk, schedule)
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Qualified to bachelor degree standard or equivalent experience in a systems integration environment
• Demonstrable experience in the field of technical integration Work package Management, field deployment, verification, validation and qualification of systems.
• Must have high fluency in spoken and written English & French (Arabic would be also be preferred) with the capability to take up residency in France for extended periods if required during the project.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• The candidate will be client and supplier facing in a technical context and must have demonstrated experience in this environment.
• A reasonable understanding of radar technologies and the development of mechanical products within a project environment will be required.
• Demonstrable experience in managing technical teams delivering complex system deployments.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager Intelligent Transport Systems
Elv Engineer for an Electronic Retail Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
IT Engineer – Video Analytics
QA/QC Inspector (Electrical & Instrumentation)
Estimation Engineer - Electrical & Instrumentation
Control Contracting & Trading Company (CCTC)
|Abu Dhabi||26 Feb|