Job description / Role
Manage the local real estate portfolio, which will include managing leasing, tenancy contracts, new acquisitions, managing all kinds of legal contracts, financing and re-financing documentation and infrequent disputes
My client is one of the largest owners of real estate in the Western world. Their Dubai office will be looking to appoint a lawyer who can operate independently and support the business long term
* Managing Lease transactions & negotiations; new leases, institutional leases, rent reviews, extensions & renewals, amendments and variations, etc.
* Draft, review, structure and negotiate various real estate financing and re-financing agreements, ie escrow, mortgage, purchase and sale agreements.
* Preparing Lease Approval Requests/Sign-off's for submission including detailed analysis and cash-flows for proposed transactions.
* Provide advice and guidance regarding risk management and dispute resolution issues
* Assist with the real estate components of corporate transactions (e.g., spinoffs, company purchases, Resolution Planning, tenant legal entity issues)
* Advise the business team with respect to regulatory issues and company policies which impact the real estate portfolio
* Instruct external counsel in connection with material real estate transactions and disputes
* Construction component: providing legal support on proposed construction projects including the review and negotiation of main contract terms as well as framework arrangements, reviewing sub-contracts and consultant appointments.
This role offers great flexibility, and is ideal for someone who is on the lookout for a better work life balance
Candidates who apply must meet all of the below criteria
* Common Law qualification (LLB and LLM)
* 4-6 years post qualifying experience in Real Estate and Leasing (particular focus on institutional leasing)
* At least 1 year working experience in the UAE
* Candidates who have financing and re-financing experience within property and real estate will have an advantage
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.