Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 600,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Transactions Manager will support the Middle East Real Estate team – part of Amazon’s Middle East Operations Real Estate organization. The Amazon ME Real Estate team is responsible for the timely completion of property transactions including acquisitions, renewals, expansions, terminations and reconfiguration of existing warehouse space in Middle East Region.
The role requires someone who thrives in a fast paced environment with an ability to manage a large number of work streams and an in-depth knowledge of planning law and development of warehousing.
• Responsible for the growth and development of the operational network through the sourcing of new properties throughout the ME region.
• Management of negotiations with landlords, agents and lawyers.
• In-depth knowledge of planning law, development projects and site assembly.
• Reports and delivers results to the senior leadership team.
• Responsible for implementation of a full due diligence process.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a property asset management plan for the ME portfolio.
• 7+ years of progressive responsibility in the real estate or related field
• Degree held in a property related subject.
• Detailed understanding of the Middle East logistics sector, especially UAE, KSA, and EGY.
• Proven track record in large scale project driven workloads with experience of reporting to multiple internal and external stake holders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail and an ability to manage people and operational functions.
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Ability to drive successful partnerships with cross-functional leadership to execute strategic initiatives and develop strategic roadmaps
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills when confronted with difficult situations exhibiting ability to keep the team focused and motivated
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Strong negotiation skills
• Arabic language skills
• MBA from a reputable institute
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.