Job description / Role
The Receiving clerk is responsible for accepting delivery of goods on behalf of the hotel. This involves ensuring that all shipments are verified against purchase order specifications and standards
Hotel Overview: Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
• Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
• Receive Goods and verify these goods against the purchase orders by taking into account the Quantity and Quality of the received products as well as expiry date.
• Inspect the physical condition and count or measure the Quality and weight of all items at the time they are received and before they are placed in storage.
• In case of over/short supply, wrong pricing etc
• Receiving clerk should must complete Credit note or manually adjust the invoice before giving invoice copy to suppliers.
• Complete a daily Receiving report for F&B items and for General items and submit to accounts payable.
• Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving coy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (Open or partial).
• Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only.
• Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries.
• Ensure all invoices are also signed with name from related department heads/ Leaders upon direct delivery.
• Receiving clerk should keep record all the FOC items received and copy should send to Cost controller.
• Ensure FMC Receiving report must attached with each invoice.
• Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and must follow the Hygiene standards.
• Work together closely with Store / Account payable / purchasing department in order to have a smooth operation.
• Assist in all daily, weekly, month-end, or quarterly inventories as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests