Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our Receiving Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and directing the ï¬‚ow of merchandise from the point of delivery to the sales ï¬‚oor. Our Receiving Supervisor is also responsible for the timely execution of all merchandise storing activities; receiving, unpacking, processing, and organizing.
- Ensure all aspects of received merchandise are complete and accurate, focusing on accurate documentation, physical checks and complete 'receipt'/ entry into the SIM system
- Manage and ensure team is accurately inputting systematic receiving schedules that are agreed between the store and Distribution center
- Ensure the accurate processing of return-to-vendors (RTVs), transfers and damages whilst maintaining SOP
- Oversee completion of processes pertaining to claims for shortages, damage, loss etc, liaising with Operations Manager and Finance
- Liaise with Operations Manager on all issues relating to bar-coding, ticketing, pricing etc
- Obtain and manage priorities from departments in store
- Ensure efficient preparation, planning and operation of cyclic or periodic stock cuts in the store
- Oversee compliance of receiving practices with SOP, such as duty of care of company merchandise and property
- Act as role model and leader to team, ensuring informed decisions are made Ensure all transactions on POS due to stock movement are as per SOP
- Ensure that no local purchases reach the selling indoor unless their suppliers bar-code is in the Company's barcode and label
- Support the physical stock intake in cooperation with Store Operations and Stock Controllers Train, coach and manage all Receiving Associates in SOP
Inventory Management (TRE):
- Knowledge of, and ability to develop and use, strategies, practices and tools for effectively managing local or distributed inventories of finished goods.
Level 2 - Working experience:
- Aware of current stock levels, understands top sellers and slow movers; resolves discrepancies.
- Supports all fulfillment activities related to own area of business
- Works with inventory management for a specific product group or location.
- Knowledge of, and ability to develop and use, strategies, practices and tools for managing the day-to- day operations of retail stores.
Level 2 - Working experience:
- Follows procedures to measure daily and weekly volumes; reviews related operational requirements.
- Assists with transitions from one business cycle to the next.
- Supports the ordering, pricing, SKUing and stocking of goods according to operational procedures.
- Responds independently to routine customer needs; redirects and follows up as needed.
- Participates in day-to-day operations of a retail store.
Returns Policy Compliance:
- Knowledge of legal regulations for organizational returns policies; ability to develop, negotiate and monitor product returns policies for customers and vendors.
Level 1 - Basic understanding:
- Describes general product returns policies that are applicable for the business
- Understands the importance and rationale of product returns policy compliance.
- Identifies differences between returns policies for customers and vendors.
What we can offer you
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.