Job description / Role
Receptionist - Abu Dhabi Based
• Answer, screen and transfer all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate extension. Friendly and customer service-oriented telephone manners must be maintained at all times.
• All messages must be forwarded immediately via phone or e-mail, and mail/deliveries/couriers must be sorted and dispatched to the concerned part immediately.
• Maintain cleanliness of the reception desk and reception area at all times. Magazines and other reading materials at the reception area should be regularly updated and presented in an orderly manner.
• Manage office supplies, and ensure there are adequate stocks of courier bags, airway bills, envelopes and stamps. Maintain and order adequate pantry supplies.
• Submit monthly attendance report to the Talent & Culture Manager and inform the Talent & Culture Department of sick leaves taken by employees.
• Ensure proper and systematic filing system in the office.
• Welcome guests, offering them refreshments.
• Offer general administrative assistance to the team members and office personnel as and when required.
• Maintain Petty Cash and ensure all payables have been duly approved as well as are supported with payment proof, arrange monthly consolidation with the accounts department.
• Manage the conference room schedules, ensure that schedules don’t intersect and that appointments are duly noted in the calendar; inspect conference room before every meeting to ensure general neatness and presentation.
• Carry out World Checks for respective teams, as required.
• Review Partner calendars and schedules when required.
• Manage & respond to all maintenance issues and ensure vendors, suppliers, are contacted.
• Prepare engagement letters, raising invoices, typing letters for clients and document certifications etc.
• Register BDO as Suppliers/Contractors at Abu Dhabi Government companies or as requested by Assurance, RAS, BSO or CF departments.
• Prepare and send out bank authorization letters on behalf of the clients.
• Bind the financial statements when required.
• Ensure farewell gifts are requested and provided to all eligible employee.
• Prepare bid bonds and bank guarantee letters.
• Print and submit proposals as per the RFP requirements in Abu Dhabi (on behalf of Dubai office too if requested).
• Create client code and set up timesheet accounts for Assurance department.
• Maintain back up of daily and monthly tapes.
The ideal candidate will:
• Always portray a professional image and act in a way that reflects warmth and a willingness to help.
• Constantly maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion with all information pertaining to the business activities, clients, and employees of the firm.
• Have an engaging attitude, with the ability to adapt and help employees perform day to day tasks that can support them.
• Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Have a positive attitude and a high level of emotional intelligence.
About the Company
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.