Job description / Role
Aldar Academies are currently seeking for an outstanding receptionist commencing academic year 2019 - 2020.
The Receptionist is appointed to take care of front desk responsibilities. She/he greets parents and visitors, provides information about the school, deals with telephone and email correspondence and handles enquiries. The Receptionist is expected to be an ‘Ambassador’ for the school and provide a first-class customer service to parents, visitors and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
• Deliver high quality customer service
• Assist with pupil welfare duties e.g. liaising with parents and staff
• Provide general clerical/administrative support e.g. updating attendance registers, photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
• Manage general school email account, sifting and forwarding relevant emails as necessary
• Undertake word-processing and other IT based tasks e.g. database, excel, Internet research
• Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. class lists
• Sort and distribute mail
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
• Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
• Treat all information acquired through your employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence.
• Any breach of these rules and protocols will be regarded as subject to disciplinary investigation
• Every employee is responsible for their own Health & Safety, as well as that of colleagues, parents, pupils and visitors.
• Employees should comply with the health and safety policy, co-operate with management, follow established systems of work, and report defects and hazards to management
• Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post
• High School Certificate/Diploma or Bachelor Degree Certificate
• Customer Service Skills
• Computer Skills
• Good communication skills, preferably Arabic speaking
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Excellent organizational skills
• Professional attitude and appearance
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||27 Aug|
Administration & Operations Executive
A Leading Educational Organization in UAE
Customer Service Executive
A Leading Orthopedic Practice In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||16 Sep|
Irwin & Dow
|Abu Dhabi||15 Aug|