Job description / Role
About the Role
As the first contact person to the organization, the receptionist ensures positive customers satisfaction during all interactions with visitors, staff, parents & students.
- Provide accurate and full range of information within the network to ensure the delivery of a quality customer service experience to all callers or visitors to the office.
- Delivering a positive customer experience during all interactions with existing and potential parents, visitors, vendors, suppliers, staff and students.
- Ensure that the reception area, corridor and meeting rooms are tidy and present a positive image of the organisation to visitors.
- Respond to telephone calls and enquiries courteously and be able to direct calls to appropriate department personnel
- Relate courteously with visitors and provide the appropriate welcome to ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Actively support the Enrolments team by contacting enquiries and conversion of new leads to enrolments and updating it in the system (CRM), cross-selling to other GEMS schools with open seats, conducting school tours wherever necessary and assist in enrolment events as and when required.
- Have full knowledge of all GEMS schools (closure, opening, fees, areas) to be able to cross-sale and maintain parents in GEMS
- Maintain open lines of communication to new & prospective parents ensuring that their concerns and feedback are handled effectively and efficiently; liaising with other school personnel as required.
- Complete administration and secretarial tasks as assigned to support the broader Enrolments, Marketing & Communications team to achieve their objectives.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient secretarial skills, and extensive knowledge & experience with MS office programmes
- A minimum two to three years' experience working as a receptionist or in a customer service focused role or in hospitality.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.