Job description / Role
Canada Pavilion - Expo 2020
Barker Langham Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of the Canada Pavilion for positions at Expo 2020. We are looking for a diverse and inclusive representation of Canada’s “Future Minds” here in the UAE for the position of Receptionist, welcoming and engaging with all VIP visitors, and assisting in the day-to-day operation and administration of the Pavilion.
Role & Responsibilities
The Pavilion receptionists will strategically be located in the main VIP entrance. Receptionists will adhere to a shift schedule established for the Pavilion (precise shift to be determined). Their duties will primarily include:
• Answering the telephone, redirecting calls, taking messages and ensuring that these messages are delivered to the appropriate person promptly
• Answering general inquiries
• Monitoring the whereabouts of the drivers, technical and other staff as required
• Providing basic secretarial services to managers, as required
• Keeping informed of daily schedule of special visits (easy access) by VIP visitors; entering information on VIP visitors into the Reservation Log
• Welcoming VIP visitors as they arrive at the main reception of the Canada Pavilion
• Assisting other staff in the organization of special events
• Assisting Canadians to gain easy access when feasible
• Working on a flexible/non-standard schedule
• Carrying out other assignments as required.
AED 9750 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Completion of three years post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience in areas such as communications, public relations, tourism and hotel management.
• Receptionists must be fluent in English, French and Arabic.
• Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
• Experience in providing administrative and secretarial type services
• Demonstrated extensive experience in dealing with the public and VIPs, i.e. high-ranking government officials and corporate personnel
• Experience in office management, procedures, working with computers, and various software
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with representatives of foreign organizations
• Good knowledge of Canadian history, geography, culture and political environment
• General knowledge of the UAE and its culture and Canadian-UAE relations
• Good knowledge and appreciation of protocol matters
• Ability to transmit information to Canada Pavilion visitors
• Ability to work well in team setting
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Ability to administer First Aid is an asset
Salary & Benefits
• Fixed term contract
• Salary 9,750 AED per month
• Health insurance
• Full training
• Participation in Barker Langham’s “Creative Futures” programme
Conditions Of Work
• Must be available for work from September 26, 2021, to March 31, 2022
• Must be a Canadian citizen
• Must wear a pressed and clean uniform (provided by Canada Pavilion) when on duty
• There will be no vacation leave granted during this period.
About the Company
Barker Langham Recruitment is a strategic human resource, recruitment and training firm for the global cultural & creative industries.
We define innovative human resource [people] strategies and deliver bespoke recruitment [people] solutions that create sustainable growth for our global clients [people] in the cultural and creative sectors.
People for people. Simple.