Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors. Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Receptionist - Corporate Office
• The front of house department of Mace provides a specialised range of professional services to internal and external guests to the MENA region head office.
• The purpose of the role is to provide a high quality friendly and passionate five-star customer service experience through the efficient management of meeting rooms, switchboard and guest hospitality.
• To be a keen advocate of best practice and employ company policies and procedures as standard working practice.
• The role will cover up to 40 hours working per week to ensure that all customer facing positions are covered before, during and after normal working hours.
• This role will be covered by two front of house assistants with an overlap of 2 hours between the two operative shifts
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing a professional and efficient reception service at all times.
• Meeting and greeting clients, suppliers and internal staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Offering refreshments, information and directions.
• Being aware of all front of house service standards.
• Ensuring reception desk, waiting area, client areas and meeting rooms are kept clean, tidy, fully equipped, displaying the appropriate Mace branding and is setup and ready for use.
• Reporting the front of house maintenance faults (cleanliness, general maintenance issues, office equipment not working) to office manager.
• Ensuring evacuation, health and safety procedures are communicated to all new starters and visitors.
• Maintaining the newspaper and magazines displayed around the offices.
• Maintaining minimum levels of office supplies and consumables.
• Distributing office related broadcast emails.
• Assisting staff and visitors with Wi-Fi login, faxing, photocopying and providing local area information i.e. travel.
• Informing staff of their guest arrival, ensuring that visitors and contractors passes are issued and all details are logged on the relevant system.
• Retrieving passes when the visitors/contractors leave the premises.
• Escorting guests to the meeting room if not accompanied by staff member.
• Booking and confirming meeting rooms, lunches, breakfasts, dinners and any other internal events.
• Assisting on events and function management.
• Answering enquiries from the generic reception mailbox.
• Supporting and promoting a team work approach within the Mace team and with external service provider.
• Answering all switchboard calls in a timely and professional manner, announce calls from/to senior staff and directing to relevant person accordingly.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service while dealing with all calls.
• Updating the telephone directories.
• Arranging couriers and organising cars as and when required.
• Updating the intercompany recharge spreadsheet for couriers, travels and hotels.
• Maintaining a no names policy and employee confidentiality in conjunction with Mace information security protocols.
• Handling emergency calls according to issued processes and procedures.
• Supporting HR with the on and off-boarding process for new employees according to instructions and approvals given by HR i.e. booking mobilisation/demobilisation travel and accommodation requirements.
• Providing documentation management including maintaining hard and soft copy files with particular attention to confidential documentations.
• Coordinating and supporting on all security/vetting and health and safety regulations in accordance with the building management policies.
• Promoting and monitoring health and safety working environment.
• Managing staff travel and hotel booking inquiries via the booking mailbox.
• Directing inquiries to FCM or booking directly in accordance with company travel policy.
• Arranging transport and additional requirements for visiting staff.
• Keeping track of staff travels and expenses for financial reports as well as ISOS management.
• Reporting immediately any non-conformance, unsafe act or unsafe condition to the concerned team for investigation and corrective action.
• Managing first aid equipment supplies as well as keeping track of aiders per office locations at various sites with constant communication with project secretaries.
• Reporting and acquiring assistance in case of an injury or illness whilst at work.
• Notifying the facilities team of any identified or suggested opportunity for improvement of the HS&W and associated environmental risk controls.
• Performing any other duties as and when required.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in an award service reception, hospitality hotel or customer service environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Competency in using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and etc.).
• Strong understanding on switchboard systems.
• Understanding of audio visual systems i.e. video conferencing and etc.
• Clear and articulate communication skills - exuding warmth and friendliness.
• Maintaining a pristine appearance and excellent hospitality at all times.
• Flexibility in their attitude and approach to colleagues and guests.
• Works efficiently requires minimal supervision and is
• Ability to work accurately, whilst under pressure.
• Good multi-tasking skills.
• Confidence making key decisions based on their knowledge and experience.
• Aptitude to learn and develop self and others to raise the standard of business performance and leading by example.
• A qualification in a relevant subject area.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.