Receptionist - Dubai British School
Jumeirah Park, UAE
Receptionist - Dubai British School Jumeirah Park
• Welcome visitors to the school and register them, following student protection procedures
• Operate the school switchboard
• Respond to telephone/email enquiries from parents and public
• Receive parcels and deliveries; ranking outgoing post and arranging special deliveries when necessary
• Use Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel, to help support the school’s administrative team
• Assist with all administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, etc.
• Assist in locating students when reported “missing” from class
• Understand data protection and confidentiality
• Create and distribute the school’s daily briefing
• Work to deadlines in a calm and confident manner when under pressure
• Assist with school events such as Parent Open Days and School Performances.
• Carry out any such task as shall be deemed necessary to the smooth running of the school.
• Daily school attendance
• Handling Emergency procedures – fire drills, lockdown etc.
• Assisting Head of Primary
• All desk duties including calling parents for absentees and also writing to parents for day to day enquiries
• Early pick up and sick children sign out
• Attendance percentages for SLT
• Weekly attendance reports and sending out letters regarding lateness for students
• Liasing daily with bus nannies
• Processing all parent security IDs
• Filing and document management of unexplained absences, leave forms and late attendances
• Education: Good general education appropriate to the post
• Experience: A minimum of 2 years working in a similar field
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Excellent telephone manner. Highly organized.
• Experienced in Microsoft. Good-natured.
• Well-groomed and courteous.
• Understanding of general reception tasks with excellent customer facing skills.
• A multi-tasker able to support the Management Team with administration.
• Ability to build personal relationships.
• Well Presented.
• Highly Organized.
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.