Job description / Role
About the Role
As the first contact person to the school, the receptionist ensures positive customers satisfaction during all interactions with existing and potential parents, visitors, staff, and students.
- Provide an accurate and full range of information within the category requested (location, curriculum, admission procedure - including the booking of tours, tour information, administration, structure, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a quality customer service experience to all callers or visitors to the school.
- Respond to telephone calls and inquiries courteously and be able to direct calls to appropriate school personnel as part of the customer service provider for the school.
- Relate courteously with visitors and provide the appropriate welcome to the school to ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Actively support the Admissions team by contacting inquiries and conversion of new leads to enrollments and updating it in the system (CRM), cross-selling to other GEMS schools with open seats, conducting school tours wherever necessary, and assist in enrollment events as and when required.
- Maintain open lines of communication to new & prospective parents ensuring that their concerns and feedback are handled effectively and efficiently; liaising with other school personnel as required.
- Complete administration and secretarial tasks as assigned to support the broader Front of House team to achieve their objectives.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient secretarial skills, and extensive knowledge & experience with MS office programmes
- A minimum of two to three years experience working as a receptionist or in a customer service-focused role or in hospitality.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- English Speaker with exceptional skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Must enjoy public contact and dealing with customers face to face
- Exceptional English skills, both verbal and written
- Bi-lingual is an advantage
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced checks.
About Your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is available for successful candidate including; a competitive tax free salary, premium medical insurance and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, flight allowance, tuition fee concession within GEMS schools, 38 calendar days yearly annual leave and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
In addition to these, we offer:
- A collaborative team with an excellent support system
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to all of our sports facilities, weekly fitness sessions, and staff social events
- GEMS Rewards which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and many other offers
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.