Job description / Role
The Recreation Manager’s primary responsibility is the overseeing the overall operation and guest satisfaction of the Health Club, Pool and Beach and kid’s club activities. This role will ensure that the highest level of professionalism in service is provided to all guests and members through maximum efficiency, safety and un-compromised attention to detail. The Recreation Manager is responsible for managing the Lifeguards, Pool & Beach F&B Service team, Fitness Instructors, Fitness attendants and kids club team
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Welcomes and assists guests’ according to ACCOR Brand Standards.
• Is an ambassador of The Fairmont Bab Al Bahr by providing memorable guest experiences
• Demonstrates a commitment to provide warm, anticipative service to exceed the needs and expectations of our discerning guests
• Maintains cleanliness of all types of equipment, beach and pool, common areas, and service areas
• Ensures sufficient stock of items in all service areas including towels, water, beverages, magazines, newspapers, clean headsets, and amenities etc…
• Supervise the Recreation and Pool & Beach facilities
• Ensure recreation information is available
• Maintains smooth operation of all equipment through periodic service checks, lubing, and reporting work orders promptly
• Administers health history, questionnaires, fitness-wellness evaluations of members and clients
• Maintains accurate records, as well as tracking, of all personal training clients, with a special emphasis on proper procedure and protocol
• Leads fitness exercise sessions, personal training sessions, group training experiences, and in-service education sessions
• Schedules and sets personal appointments as well as appointments for team members.
• Safeguards all clients, guests, and members throughout each experience, while upholding the philosophy of the spa fitness center
• At least 3 years experience in the same role in a resort hotel with beach and kids activities.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests