Job description / Role
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition and Development Team in UAE.
If you have a minimum 5 years of experience handling the Full Cycle of Recruitment, Business Focused, Relationship Management and Development Oriented. Then this is the right opportunity for you to grow your professional career in a large & stable family business.
• Coordinating with Hiring Managers for identifying our staffing needs.
• Determining selection criteria.
• Sourcing potential candidates using online platforms (e.g. professional networks and social media channels) and offline means by creating and maintaining a healthy database of candidates.
• Fostering long-term relations with potential candidates and past applicants.
• Forecasting the hiring needs of every department of the company.
• Organizing and attending recruitment events and job fairs.
• Leading initiatives for employer branding.
• Designing interview questions and job descriptions for reflecting the requirements for each position.
• Developing a competency list for each position in the organization.
• Planning interview/selection procedures (e.g. in-person interviews, screening calls and assessments).
• Prepare an efficient network and design efficient workflow strategies for all internal and external research.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to incorporate all metrics into all talent acquisition systems.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field.
• Prior experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist is a must.
• Experience with sourcing of candidates using professional platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Naukri…), social media channels and resume databases.
• Sound knowledge of different interview techniques, evaluation methods and full Recruitment cycle.
• Experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
• Sound understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of different roles within an organization.
• Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
• Must be fluent in Arabic.
• A prior experience in working in a diversified business Group.
• Experience in working in a family run organization will be an added advantage.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Specialist, Talent Acquisition
Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC)
Sr. Recruitment Officer
Currie & Brown
Human Resources Coordinator