Job description / Role
* Works with the Property team to agree on the overall procurement plan for projects / sourcing initiatives within the region
* Implements the category strategy within region in coordination with the country SCM teams
* Leads and executes procurement initiatives such as procurement for major projects, built to suit requirements within region, regional deals for Energy Management, Security, etc.
* Oversees project procurement undertaken at a country level to ensure delivery of timely and cost-efficient solutions
* Implements regular regional pipeline reviews to ensure all stakeholder requests are being owned by a member of the SCM team.
* Works on establishing regional and local Preferred Supplier lists along with in-country SCM resources to reduce and consolidate the supplier base across the region
* Consolidates in-year project spend across markets and where appropriate to leverage on buying power
* Works closely with stakeholders to ensure that SCM is engaged upfront and in a timely manner
* Work closely with regional governance head to ensure audit-readiness at all time i.e. all policies and processes are complied with
* Meets or exceeds global category saves targets
* Leads effective governance and controls for supplier risk management across the bank, manage the vendor and contract management framework in the region
* Supports the business functional vendor management teams in day 2 supplier matters
* Key stakeholder interactions are Property: Regional Head of Property, Regional Heads of Workplace, Regional Portfolio Managers, Project Management Office (GCNA) and in-country Project teams.
* SCM regional teams: Regional Heads of SCM, Regional Leads of Governance, country Category Managers
* Cross functional teams Legal, Compliance, Tax and Finance
* Supply Partners
Our Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
* Experience in procurement with particular emphasis on the Property function i.e. experience in procuring contracts related to Consultants, General contractors, furniture & fixtures, M&E equipment, etc.
* Experience in construction industry contractual negotiations
* Technical category knowledge and advanced understanding of the market
* Good commercial acumen, analytical and reporting skills
* Ability to be a creative strategic thinker and execute against approved category strategies
* Effective influencing and negotiation skills
* Good relationship management and project management skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
* Formal understanding and application of sourcing methodology. Experience in working on Arbia systems will be an added advantage.
* Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; Educated at undergraduate level
* Professional Memberships; CIPs or similar
* Languages; English
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.