Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
We have an unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy, through Advisory and Consulting to Legal, Tax and Assurance Services, underpinned by the standout digital platform in the region. Our Mission The New Equation: Delivering sustained outcome and trust Our purpose, culture and values remain unchanged - we will help transform our region by solving complex problems and building trust.
We will continue to be a force for change in our communities and mfor society.
In the Middle East, we are committing to:
• Building a brand defining CS practice
• Creating over 6,000 jobs over the next 5 years, with a focus on digital, technology and ESG.
• Achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, which involves transforming our business model to decarbonise the value chain.
• Continuing to upskill our people to build a community of solvers, with the right skills to deliver solutions that are human- led and tech powered.
Our Values Creating value through diversity. Be yourself. Be different. At PwC, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value - for our clients, our people and society.
As part of our commitment to individuality we are pleased to hear from candidates from diverse backgrounds, with a mixture of skills, capabilities and experience from the below
In the Middle East, we are committing to:
- Hiring over 500 new graduates each year, and providing them with training and qualifications that set them up for a strong career in the region. Doubling down on our existing commitment to promote inclusion and diversity, 50% will be female and 80% Arabic speakers.
• Manage a range of Corporate Sustainability (CS) activities for PwC regionally.
• Work closely with the Regional CS lead to drive the firm's CS agenda in the Middle East (ME).
• Oversee the regional CS strategy and strategic priorities aligned with the global strategy, and to external market needs.
• Engage with key leadership stakeholders to understand their vision for the region.
• Design and coordinate internal initiatives and external CS activities
• Develop systems for our people to engage with the CS agenda
• Manage the end of year reporting and audit requirements in compliance with the Global CR team.
• This involves regular data collection for reporting, and coordinating with the internal audit team to drive both financial and non-financial audit for CS.
• Support the regional network of champions and ensure that they are aligned with the regional CS narrative and are running projects that create impact
• Work with the regional communications team to report on progress, enhancing our brand and visibility in this area internally and externally.
• Ensure external compliance of CS projects - e.g.: work with our internal lawyers to keep track of regulatory changes in the region that impact our social impact and environmental initiatives.
• Share best practice across the ME champions' network by creating a platform where these can be shared.
• Use this platform for sharing PwC Global and EMEA updates with the regional network.
• Work with the regional Net Zero and ESG leaders to ensure alignment.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.