Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould, is an international Project Management and Cost Consultancy services provider which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the well-renowned larger groups, Atkins and SNC Lavalin. We are the largest consultant by the chartered staff with the regional headquarter in Dubai, and offices in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. Our Middle East and India presence is complemented by our operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and our 2,400 plus global staff.
You will be working in a specialist claims business unit within Faithful+Gould providing claims, dispute resolution, and expert services to clients in the Middle East.
We are looking for a testified quantum expert to be based in our Abu Dhabi office. A successful candidate will join the Middle East claims team with following responsibilities.
• Take appointments as an expert on matters of quantum
• Preparation of expert advice, reports, and presentations
• Preparation and review of claims and counterclaims in respect of valuation of works, extension of time (EOT), disruption, prolongation, loss and expense, and liquidated damages
• Preparation of proposals for cost claims assessing hours and resource required for final accounts
• Responsible for actively seeking, developing and maintaining sufficient paying work for the team for which he/she is responsible and striving for steady growth in turnover
• Responsible for performance against budgets contained in the business plan
• Monitor commercial trends to identify opportunities / risks in the market
• Developing and maintaining good working relationships with lawyers, clients, and construction professionals
• Keeping up-to-date with current techniques of claims and project data analysis
• Actively participate in maintaining staff morale and encouraging initiative and acceptance of responsibility by team members.
• Delivering services regionally.
• A market lead quantum expert with expertise in valuation of works, final accounts, disruption costs, loss and expense, and prolongation costs
• Well round industry experience in the Middle East including oil & gas
• Must have testified in court / arbitration hearings more than 5 times in matters of quantum
• Must be able to produce good reference from previous appointments
• Must be able to self-generate 50% of billability
• A good reference from a member of the Queen’s Counsel is a plus
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Chief Operating Officer