Job description / Role
Looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller with Oil and Gas background to be based out of the Dubai Office looking after MENA & APAC region.
Our client is a leading oil and gas well integrity and production optimisation company.
* The Financial Controller will support the MENA and Asia Pacific Regional Managers
* Proactively participate in decision making and offer solutions/recommendations to operations for cost controls and improvement of processes, procedures, operations and profitability
* Support the Regional Managers with budgeting and forecasting processes and procedures
* Monitor/control budgets and expenditure and variance analysis
* Prepare and consolidate financial statements, management reports and KPI's
* Supervise and support all audit procedures by liaising with auditors. Comply with reporting requirements and prepare audit packs for statutory accounts
* Ensure internal controls are consistent and comply with standard procedures for recording all business transactions and other finance and accounting activities
* Support the supply chain team with fixed asset and inventory reporting requirements
* Management of all local legal entity and branch structures, support preparation of information for trading entities and positioning, and ensure necessary tax filings are carried out when required
* Support Group banking and AP process for MENA and Asia Pacific regions, including approving bank transactions and payments
* Manage, support and supervise finance and accounting team
* Support integration process and activities as needed. Support process to decentralise finance reporting processes.
* Oversee ad hoc projects such as financing and M&A's as they are carried out
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. Additionally, he/she will be eligible to participate in the discretionary bonus scheme and will receive medical insurance. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to further progress their career with leading oil and gas firm.
* A minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar or progressively senior level finance or accounting position, preferably within the same industry - Oil and gas
* Qualified Accountant
* Holds a degree in Accounting/Business/ related area
* Experience with statutory reporting and well versed with latest reporting standards and statement preparation
* Strong leadership acumen and team-management experience
* Exceptional financial, analytical and comprehensive skills
* Able to take decisions, identify problems and proactively come up with solutions
* Strong verbal and written English skills
* Ability to work under pressure, manage expectations and meet deadlines
* Reliable and dependable
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Assistant Finance Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Quest Search & Selection
Senior Finance Manager
A Leading Trading Company in the UAE