Job description / Role
The role is to oversee the bank's compliance function in the GCC and to ensure that Anti Money Laundering risks are mitigated, and that regulatory guidelines, regulation, and relevant laws and policies are adhered.
The client is an on-shore bank in the UAE with operations across the GCC. They have a solid track record in the region and are looking to grow their team.
* Tracking of periodic KYC reviews and follow-up for timely renewal
* Periodic compliance reviews of local branches/operations
* Building a strong compliance culture across branches through continuous training efforts focused at educating branch staff and Region's compliance officers
* Review on-boarding KYCs of high risk accounts as per approved policies and procedures and ensuring necessary due diligence
* Ensure alerts generated through AML solution are investigated and reviewed thoroughly and accurately
* Monitoring and identifying suspicious transactions and their disclosure and reporting to the Regulator
* Ensure compliance with FATCA and CRS regulations in coordination with GCC Head Office
* Liaise with local branch stakeholders for formulation/timely renewal of respective policies and procedures
* Ensure timely response to queries raised by relevant internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent GCC exposure
* Stability and long-term career growth opportunity
* 8-10 years of experience in control/compliance/oversight function
* Degree or equivalent from reputable educational institute
* Must be a UAE national (family book)
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
AML Operation Executive
|Abu Dhabi||11 Mar|
Associate, Strategy & Corporate Development - UAE National
|Abu Dhabi||22 May|
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)