Job description / Role
Head of Legal for the Middle East, with a small team reporting into this person. Workload being a wide mix of corporate/commercial and generalist inhouse responsibilities
This is a group of companies with a presence across Middle East, Europe, Africa, USA and Latin America. Their operations are predominantly in the FS and insurance sectors, though in recent years have also burgeoned into the Fintech industry. They are well established in the Middle East and have been largely unaffected by the Covid-19 pandemic, because of the diversification of business they have in this region.
* High value, cross-border Corporate M&A (SPA, shareholders agreements, capital increase, etc)
* Establishment of new entities In various countries - with help of external counsel
* Commercial contracts, drafting and reviewing - NDAs, service agreements, partnership agreements, etc
* Handle all regulatory compliance matters
* Day to day in-house responsibilities - employment, litigation, etc
This candidate can expect to be part of a very stable and flourishing business, and enjoy an excellent quality of work. Senior roles are few and far between and this one will offer plenty of autonomy and sway within the business. The candidate will also enjoy a competitive remuneration package.
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following:
* Minimum of 8 years of legal experience
* International experience with a multinational
* Experience of advising on international investments - M&A experience is crucial
* Fluency in Arabic would be a very strong advantage
* Experience in tax structuring would also be beneficial
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal & Compliance Counsel
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Senior Legal Counsel
SAP Middle East & North Africa