Job description / Role
Our client is a leading global luxury retail firm in Dubai. They're looking for a polished Regional IT Specialist. As a Regional IT Specialist, you will support and maintain technical and application IT services across the MENA region.
As a Regional IT Specialist, other responsibilities will include:
* Guarantee IT support and training on relevant systems.
* Collect emerging needs and inputs from users.
* Suggest immediate smart solutions where applicable.
* Suggest actions for service improvements to the EMEA IT.
* Locally deploy system/hardware/application upgrades requested from Corporate IT and propose relevant improvements to Corporate IT.
* Negotiate with suppliers of hardware, network and services to optimise costs and quality.
* Support the EMEA IT responsible to define and control the relevant budget.
* Support the implementation, as Project Manager, of local Information System & Technology (IS&T) projects.
* Propose innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
As a Regional IT Specialist, you will have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field.
* Proven experience in supporting users in a retail or luxury firm is beneficial.
* Knowledge of main operational flows and procedures related to applications.
* In-depth understanding and knowledge of multiple Business Application modules.
* Innovative thinker with bright ideas.
* Must be well presented with excellent verbal communication skills
* Very good Microsoft Office skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, ideally MCP certificate.
* Passion for people, technology, service and IT processes and be able to see the big picture as well as the finer details of the IT environment.
* Strong customer focus combined with negotiation skills and ability to execute.
* Familiar with industry standard systems and concepts (Windows environments - AD and Exchange, Microsoft Office Applications, Printing, Telephony, Network and IT security).
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Associate for a Major Retail Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
IT Support Engineer
Manpower Middle East
Desktop Support Engineer with MAC
|Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|