Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Regional legal counsel to join our office in Dubai UAE. The primary purpose of this role is to supervise and coordinate legal and compliance matters for Turkey, the Middle East and Africa region (TMEA) with our different operations. The Regional Legal counsel is expected to supervise diverse range of legal and compliance matter related to Insurance industry to mitigate legal & compliance risks and ensure adherence to governance policies, and country specific laws and regulations. You will work closely with the Group legal team (headquartered in London) and country leaders across the region.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Supervise and coordinate the regulatory, compliance related matters and legal needs for our operations across the TMEA region
• Handle the review, drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements and other legal documents including Client related contracts, NDAs, Service level agreements, client form agreements, etc for our UAE operation.
• Leading edge knowledge of Insurance best practise and environment, including understanding of TMEA market operations and regulatory/legal requirements and proactively assess any necessary changes to policy, process or procedure to be implemented in the region.
• Coordinate specialty legal review by internal and/or external legal advisers on a range of matters when necessary.
• Provide expert guidance, advice, and support to the business for M&A related projects (working closely with Group legal/M&A lawyers and corporate finance division).
• Guidance and support in respect of HR matters.
• Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks to provide appropriate legal solutions to enhance client servicing and operational efficiency
• Together with the related business, help employees within the business to understand the risk, compliance, and corporate governance responsibilities
• Understand legal issues affecting international insurance brokers
Skills and Professional Qualifications:
• Law degree graduate with at least 5 year’s post qualification experience within the insurance industry or Financial Industry.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Self-starter and independent/strategic thinker.
• Ideally able to speak English professional level plus Turkish and/or Arabic.
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to present in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong communication and drafting skills, an ability to interface with senior management, must exercise good judgment and be commercially minded.
• Results-focused; able to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Ability to analyse and summarize key legal and business issues and alternatives for executive decisions.
About the Company
Howden, the retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group, provides a range of specialist insurance solutions to clients around the world. Howden has offices in Europe, Asia, Iberoamerica, the Middle East and Africa. It has the greatest reach with its own offices of any independent broker and a total reach to over 90 territories with its partner network Howden One.
Since 2017, Howden Turkey, the Middle East & Africa region(TMEA) has acquired a majority stake in broker ACP in Turkey, completed the majority acquisition of New Generation Insurance Services Company in Oman, and Howden UAE celebrated its ten-year anniversary in Dubai. With Howden One and the establishment of Howden Puri in Tanzania, the region now covers 17 countries and is one of the fastest growing in the group.
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Al Boom Marine
Director/Head of Legal
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jun|