Job description / Role
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our MENA Ops Integration team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives?
Join the Ops Integration team as an Operations Manager. As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple sites from operations and compliance point of view. You will be working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely launches and operations metrics. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will utilize your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in it. You should be able to dive deep, scrutinize details and foresee data implications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage and control performance, cost and capacity of External Fulfillment Logistics provider (3PL)
• Monitor and analyze customer experience and delivery performance, maintain and develop KPIs and SLAs with 3PL
• Contribute and lead major projects within the MENA Special Handling Network/ Supply Chain / Transportation to support business and selection growth
• Contribute to process improvements and cost optimization initiatives in collaboration with internal and external customers
• Contribute to contract negotiations with our external fulfillment partners
• Prioritize projects and software feature requests, evaluate and set stakeholder expectations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• MBA, MSc or MEng (Industrial Eng,Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
• Previous experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
• In depth experience of Distribution and Fulfillment processes
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization
• Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
• Ability to travel frequently for site visits across Egypt and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (50% travel)
• Certified OE Black Belt or Green Belt
• Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access
• Fluent in Arabic
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.