Job description / Role
Job located in:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Full-time contract.
Basic purpose of the role:
- The Regional Manager for General Procurement is responsible for the general (indirect) procurement management in Middle East across all Divisions under the “One Roof” and any associated Account Management activities in addition to local fulfillment management (Operations and Local Sourcing).
- The Regional Manager for General Procurement is responsible for c. 29 million USD annual spend volume across the different General Procurement commodities, in the different countries. This spend, as well as the countries to cover, will increase over the months/years. Provides direction, organization and support to local General Procurement team(s). The Local Buyer is accountable for any compliant procurement process towards the business.
Account Management and Local Sourcing management: 40%
- Act as focal point for top management in customer organizations and entities in assigned Region/Divisions. Drive the procurement strategy through interactions with key stakeholders, across Middle East (UAE, Oman, KSA, and Qatar).
- Implement and drive a brand new General Procurement function in the Region, in line with generic rules, processes and values of the General Procurement function.
- Ensure proactive management of the relationship with internal business partners to ensure target level of customer satisfaction for the Region/Divisions.
- Drive and monitor change management, to ensure a successful implementation of General Procurement in the region and ensure the buy-in of the internal stakeholders.
- As the point of escalation for customers of all European commodities operational ambiguities exist, and to provide technical and creative support for the resolution of all European commodities issues.
- Support on-site Account Management & Business Operations and routinely engage in 2-way communication with local plant/office management.
- Monitor all local sourcing activities and lead strategic sourcing activities/contract negations.
Savings Program Support: 25%
- Ensure achievement of saving targets with customer groups at both the regional and divisional levels in accordance with agreed and recognized methodologies.
- Optimize bundling opportunities to leverage the buying power of the Group in the Region by driving local for local sourcing and contributing to local for global initiatives.
- Position Group General Procurement and the savings program communication a key role in divisional communication.
Local Team Management: 15%
- Lead General Procurement office in the region (one FTE) + one subcontractor.
- Monitor relationships with HR and ensure access and feedback is effective, timely and mutually responsive.
- Develop initiatives, propose policies and institute policies that support the change process to the Group General Procurement organization.
- Drive implementation of local conditions for the Group General Procurement staff.
- Ensure compliant fulfilment process meeting agreed target KPIs and ensure timely payment to the supplier at highest efficiency.
- Drive innovation and digitalization in the procurement process through the deployment of state-of-the-art processes and tools.
General Management: 10%
- Secure budget and headcount compliance with agreed-upon targets.
- Ensure development and training of the team as a group and individuals to maximize their performance, expertise and potential.
- To make satisficing decisions to manage multiple priorities from different internal customers.
- Oversight and sponsorship of Multi-Functional and Multi-Divisional Teams for key internal customers.
- Ensure the procurement strategy reflects local imperatives (e.g. Supply chain diversity and inclusion).
- Deployment and operational stability of GP tools for sourcing and ordering.
- Ensures the adoption of these tools by internal customers and the GP team.
- Participates in strategic initiatives steering committees (i.e. when applicable: Procure-to-Pay).
- Drumbeats changes in the General Procurement across the “One Roof” to reflect the changing needs of the business (new businesses, acquisitions, divestments).
- Oversees the GP process and actively participates in audits and acts in accordance with findings (as necessary). Manages the deviation process.
- 10 years of experience in the procurement field, preferably in the aviation industry.
- 5-10 years supervisory or leadership experience in the procurement field.
- Leadership, strong ability to communicate and convince.
- Customer focus and the ability to work with remote teams.
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills (advanced).
- A Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or similar.
- eProc, SAP, Click n Buy Microsoft Office applications.
- 50% Domestic and International (Middle East and Europe).
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is required. Fluency / notion of Arabic is highly desirable.
About the Company
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017 it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 129,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.