Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Leads, coordinates and/or manages execution of marketing plans, identifies and executes opportunities for growth and share gain, and contributes to the development of a product/portfolio strategy including product positioning. Optimizes commercial execution though development of marketing and launch plans and aligning market insights with technology trends. Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. Subject to Commercial policy objectives. Has independence in achieving commercial objectives within operating budgets and operating guidelines. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development of segmentation and go to market strategy and plans and marketing activation with customers and sales teams for a single or limited grouping of products within a region.
- Requires specialized knowledge across product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups.
- Requires strong commercial awareness, and is expected to influence the development of strategy for their broad sales territory, including control of resources.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers.
- Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders or customers.
- Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics.
- May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 6 years experience in sales or marketing strategy with a multinational company.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Middle East and/ or Africa region
- Solid analytical skills
- Fluency in English, Arabic and/ or French
- Ability to lead by influence
- Strong Interpersonal communications skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.