Job description / Role
Our client is one of the largest independent power and water companies in the world, they operate and develop a variety of diverse assets regionally in the Middle East. They're presently looking to fill a regional OSH role working from their Dubai HQ.
The OSH Manager is responsible for all aspects of occupational safety and health management in the region;
* Interfaces with the plant personnel and corporate office to provide a consistent and effective application of Corporate Occupational Safety and Health policies.
* Ensure existence, implementation and full effectiveness of OSH policies, guidelines, practices, objectives, management systems, and tools rolled out throughout the Business Unit
* Define OSH objectives and KPI's at BU level; manage the Regional Competence Management System (CMS)
* Support setting the policy for the protection of key assets and personnel
The ideal candidate will have:
*10 years demonstrated experience in a corporate level OSH role, in a company in the power or water industry, preferably an IPP.
* Engineering degree
* Internationally recognized Occupational Safety and Health qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum)
* Power plants and desalination knowledge.
* Power Plant Construction knowledge
* Service industry knowledge
* Facility Management knowledge
* Company Safety Rules knowledge
* Competency Management System knowledge
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
Matchtech is a leading global engineering recruitment specialist, with over 30 years' experience in successfully matching job-seekers with hiring employers within the engineering industry. Our 300-strong team of dedicated recruitment consultants provide recruitment services across core engineering sectors including, aerospace, automotive, energy, infrastructure and maritime. We also offer specialist recruitment within the growing field of engineering technology.
We are passionate about quality and work to the most rigorous standards in the recruitment industry. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our customers by providing the best delivery and the highest quality service possible.