Job description / Role
Business Area: Operations
Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Operations teams in our Fulfilment Centers are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Middle East ACES program Manager
ACES managers are focused on supporting Fulfillment Centers (FCs) improvements made on behalf of Amazon customers, to drive into standardization efforts, act as liaisons with other departments, provide process skills to the FCs, support FC launches, support FC Kaizen Events in their areas of expertise, and to run and coordinate cross-functional projects for successful implementation across the FCs.
The process owner's mission is to help FCs succeed in scaling operations whilst meeting performance commitments through working hard and smart to strengthen standardization, by developing process improvement leaders with dive-deep process skills, by running and coordinating the top business efforts/projects and by supporting mechanisms generating a daily Kaizen culture of continuous root cause elimination, such as implementing improvements resulting from abnormalities identified in standard work initiatives.
- The ACES program manager will be owning national programs. He/She will be working with site ACES managers and site leadership to deploy the FC Benchmarking processes which have been adapted for Middle East to train ops leaders and establish sustainable mechanism in FCs.
- Use the PDCA methodology to drive small scale improvements in processes
- Use the Kaizen methodology to drive large scale process improvements or reduction in costs.
- Sustain roll out of CI essentials and Kaizen essentials training to managers.
- Align with WW ACES attempt to use "Amazonian terminology for ACES tools".
- Develop robust systems and train operators to drive the value we expect - Area Organization and Area Readiness
- Previous experience in operational logistics/supply chain, manufacturing, transportation, general management or engineering role.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen technique is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time to analyze, implement, monitor best practice solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment, whilst also being able to handle multiple projects.
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and related software
- Graduation in any subject
- Area manager/Operations Manager experience in an FC
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.