Job description / Role
The Purpose of the role is to build and maintain a high performing Strategic and Tactical Procurement Function to support business needs in Middle East, Egypt and Turkey (MEET). The role involves overseeing procurement for all direct and indirect operational (ASU plants, depots, offices and others) spend of $15 million in MEET. The incumbent will drive for alignment in Middle East, Egypt and Turkey (MEET) consistent with regional/global processes and organisational design. He/she will work closely with the regional VP to create a Procurement structure that delivers business value by meeting key KPI’s such as cost optimisation, risk mitigation and excellent customer service. The incumbent will be responsible for leading, coaching and upskilling the team. The incumbent will be actively involved in identifying procurement opportunities that can be centralised in the region and manage agreements and relations with key suppliers. The role involves influencing and managing relationship with key stakeholders and functional heads of other departments such as plant manager and up to VP and Director level.
The incumbent needs to offer flexibility and adaptability to be open for the role to be reshaped with how the region develops.
Spend Managed: 15 million USD, potential to growth with new business acquisition and investment
Annual Savings Delivered: 1 million USD (50%Reduced ,50%Avoided)
Regions: Middle East, Egypt and Turkey
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
The jobholder’s primary accountabilities include the followings:
• Create an agile procurement structure that fits best with the business requirement in MEET region.
• Develop a high performing team that will support the current business needs and growth in the region.
• Implement Global procurement processes (supported by EMEA procurement team) where applicable and create any additional processes and /or systems where necessary to meet regional requirements.
• Drive Process Standardisation across the region and take initiatives to eliminate waste by automating or digitalising the process where applicable.
• Deliver year on year cost reduction and beat inflation costs that contributes to the regional EBIDTA target.
• Minimise supply risks by proactively identify high risk suppliers and deploying a risk mitigation plan.
• Work closely with the EMEA procurement team to support implementation of any Global or Category strategies where leverage will enhance MEET region.
• Raise procurement’s profile with the organisation by effectively communicating with stakeholders and sharing successes stories.
• Manage change and resolve all internal conflicts that might arise with the implementation of a new and better way of working.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to team members to improve performance, personal growth and career opportunities.
• Drive supplier relation management initiatives with critical suppliers to extract the best value through partnership and driving supplier innovation.
• Lead due diligence of procurement related activities to understand processes, synergies before an acquisition. Strategies and lead the integration for any new acquisition and merge the procurement processes of the acquired company with Air Products.
• Implement/introduce procurement processes aligned with exiting global processes that synchronizes with the local business practices and requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain, MBA preferred.
• 10 years of work experience in Procurement.
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated, demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal direction, and good analytical skills.
• Demonstrate prioritization, planning, and follow-up skills in a multi-tasking environment.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation.
• Capable of handling detailed and complex contract negotiations.
• Experience in leading and developing sourcing strategies, understanding commercial and legal purchasing terms and conditions.
• Able to freely travel within Middle East and occasionally outside the region.
• Experience in buying all or some of the services or material related to logistics, capital equipment, process instruments, facility management, marketing will be desirable but not essential.
• Language English, Arabic will be advantageous.
• Working towards or Qualified CIPS.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.