Job description / Role
Our client, a large pharmaceutical company, is urgently looking for a Regional Product Manager to be based in the UAE. In this role, you will report to the Head of Department and will be responsible for deploying the Sales & Marketing Calendars per channel of business and brand strategy per account and by working closely with the Sales & Marketing Managers and Commercial teams to define the business needs regarding products and forecasts.
The job holder will focus on growing and achieving the business plans in teams of sales, revenue and profitability through effective planning and strategizing. He will build neighboring relationships with key regional opinion leaders within hospitals. He will also be responsible to travel overseas for training and take part in different trade exhibitions / presentations.
The job holder will ensure the product progress through the product lifecycle from initial design concept through operationalization. He is also responsible for converting the product vision into a workable product roadmap through forward-looking planning and tactical prioritization of tasks. He will work closely with Operations and Technology to deliver new product offerings and improve those currently in service.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Leads, develops, plans and implements strategy to meet or exceed sales volumes, revenues and profitability.
• Promotes the company’s range products to regional medical professionals and senior leaders.
• Conducts product demonstrations / presentations to regional medical professionals and senior leaders.
• Identifies and manages pipeline of opportunities to ensure that sales goals can be continued to be met.
• Provides leadership in solutions for sales related matters.
• Manages and develops direct reporting staff to achieve product differentiation.
• Provides sales report to the management.
• Presents competitor information and market intelligence to assist his manager in the development of relevant sales and marketing strategies.
• Sets sales and marketing calendars per channel.
• In-charge of all new launches Forecasts and tracking.
• In-charge of building the assortment per distribution channel together with the commercial team and marketing account managers.
• Reports launches’ performance with analysis, summary and recommendation of strategy.
• Researches and recommends product development concepts.
• Translates strategic / product roadmap to a set of tactically executable steps.
• Communicates both strategic and tactical roadmaps to key stakeholders.
• Formulates and implements product strategies that are based on industry best practice.
• Conducts effective customer interviews.
• Build product / service revenue, pricing, and adoption models.
• Gathers and analyzes data, feedback and KPIs and use these insights data to develop and inform the evolution of product roadmaps.
• Train field force on product attributes and knowledge.
• Conduct field visit and coach employees in field (OJT).
To be considered for the job, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Graduate of bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare Industry or any Science related studies.
• Has 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical field.
• Experience in Diabetes / Insulin & Devices is a plus.
• Digital Marketing experience is a must.
• Must have Regional experience, and KSA experience is a plus.
• 20% of the job will require traveling.
• Knowledge in strategic and business planning will be an advantage.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skill.
• Good spoken and written English.
• Experience working with matrixed, geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups is preferred.
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders is required.
• Experience developing local brand positioning strategies that resulted in incremental demand for product.
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Product Manager - Hematology
Senior Brand Manager
Market Research & Multi-Channel Marketing Senior Manager - Pharmaceutical Business
Business Development Manager - Leading Pharmaceutical Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Area Sales Manager - CIS Region