Job description / Role
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Own the bid and proposal work process. Lead proposal teams to ensure that the commercial organizations are provided with the best value proposition (capital and total evaluated life cycle cost) necessary to win and maximize profit consistent with commercial objectives.
• Identify and communicate all key commercial, technical, and execution issues for proposals.
• Lead the proposal team members effectively by communicating with them and focusing them on the correct priorities to ensure preparation of the best Air Products proposal.
• Develop an appropriate level of scope definition consistent with targeted estimate accuracy; recommend value improvements prior to project approval.
• Provide direct support to review customers’ specifications and proposed contractual terms, discuss Air Products’ capabilities with customers, present proposals, assist in contract negotiations, and review suppliers’ proposals.
• Work directly with customers and partners to determine scope splits.
• Prepare proposals, estimates, and feasibility studies within the agreed upon constraints of time, effort (cost), and accuracy.
• Conduct and document estimate risk analyses.
• Communicate issues, status, and summaries to senior management.
• After winning the business, continue to provide and evaluate ideas to improve profitability.
• During execution, and in support of the Project Manager, provide support to define scope, costs, and risks of all changes to the project baseline.
• Collect and analyze feedback from ongoing projects to obtain cost and other project performance factors to optimize and improve the accuracy of future estimates.
• Understand and communicate market forces and competitor capabilities.
• Comply with applicable Air Products work processes.
• Develop an opportunity team environment that facilitates creativity, innovation, continued improvement and value engineering. Specifically, through effective communication and leadership, creation of a safe and positive work environment, recognition of team members’ contributions, and involvement of the appropriate team members in decisions.
• Maintain and develop tools needed for functional excellence.
• These opportunities are global; 10~25% travel will be required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in an Engineering team work environment
• Candidate is expected to have demonstrated ability to lead multi functional teams as well as ability to promote teamwork and cooperation.
• Experience in related technology field is preferred.
• Experience in technical proposal development, project development engineering, or cost engineering is beneficial.
• Good communication skills, influencing others, taking ownership of work products, holding others accountable, sharing expertise, understanding customers, and managing resources.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and customer relation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in matrix organization, across functional and reporting relationships;
• Excellent communication and influencing skills are a major requirement for the job holder;
• Able to handle high level communication with customer and internal/external stakeholders on Proposal matters;
• Fluent in both Arabic & English
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Regional Sales Manager
CSG Global Talent
Technical Sales Manager
Swisslinx Middle East
Area Sales Manager
A Leading Technology Management Consultancy in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||10 Oct|
Supply Chain Manager
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||7 Oct|