Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Regional Retail Manager - Michael Kors
Our Regional Retail Manager is responsible for implementing the regional retail goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the Brand(s)' strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, our Regional Retail Manager is responsible for the management of local retail networks, and managing the human capital in their region, directly or through Regional and Local Retail Teams ensuring excellence in retail performance.
What you will do
- Set up targets by segments of key customers per store (development of average and total value of purchase, increase of product mix) to Area Sales Managers and monitor performance vs. targets
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales targets per store are properly distributed to Area Sales Managers and communicated on time
- Approve action plan to improve store top line and gross margin proposed by Area Sales Managers
- Propose KPIs to be added to overall Retail's menu of manageable and simple drivers for store staff line targets
- Approve exceptional commercial discounts to customers as per thresholds, in specific cases
- Propose topline and margin targets for budget of existing stores
- Ensure that store topline developed during budget are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
- Contribute to sell thru and gross margin assumptions for purchase budget by providing accurate data per store
- Provide accurate assumptions regarding monthly seasonality of turnover per store
- Ensure that new store topline targets developed during IRR are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
- Monitor results of first 6 months of operations for new stores by building-up monthly target setting and assessment with Area Sales Managers
- Propose remedial plan before store closure and phasing out plan during closure
- Approve remedial plan for underperforming stores
- Monitor that store operations are executed as per the Group's guidelines
- Monitor Shop Expenses to not exceed the budget
- Ensure new product launches or new season collections are properly explained to Area Sales Managers
- Organize Pre-Buying and Post-Buying sessions with buying team (e.g. calendar, mobilization of local teams) and participate to sessions in the countries
- Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are kept at a minimum
- Validate commission schemes for Store Managers
- Act as a coordinator between store network and back-office for smooth execution of activities
- Ensure smooth coordination with Buying Team (e.g. Pre-Buying, Buying, Post-Buying, Product launches)
- Provide data and comments to Regional Marketing Team on marketing plan during preparation (e.g. promotions, in-store activities)
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower team, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within team
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content. More specifically, we would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate the below competencies.
- Being Inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Demonstrating Strategic Vision
- Developing & Engaging Employees
- Driving Innovation
- Driving Results
- Understanding & Developing Self
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts .
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.