Job description / Role
Regional Sales Manager - FMCG Multinational Expanding into MEA
Exciting opportunity to join a publicly listed multinational FMCG and expand it's presence into the MEA region. Standalone role based in Dubai, reporting to HQ in Europe.
Publicly listed player in the FMCG industry with a strong presence in Europe and USA. Big focus on MEA over the next decade.
Reporting to the Director of International Sales, this person will;
* Work closely with the Director of International Sales to build and execute the strategic direction for the region across all channels to achieve volume and market share in the short to medium term
* Building the framework and route to market across MEA, with a focus on key markets in the region to begin with before expanding into other markets
* Setup distribution networks; hire distributors, train the teams and educate them on the portfolio
* Build brand equity in the region and work closely with distributors to build an in store presence
* Leverage data to understand trends & opportunities to discuss NPDs with the HQ
* Work closely with relevant regulatory authorities on introducing the product into different markets
* Conduct regular market visits in key areas across the region to understand competition and visit key accounts alongside the distributor to build relationships and drive sell out
* Open to discussion
* Standard Benefits include Bonus, Medical, Flights
To apply for this role, it is necessary to have the following experience;
* Between 9 -13 years of FMCG Sales and Commercial experience in the Middle East
* Atleast 7 years of distribution management experience across the region with experience in markets including GCC, Levant, South Africa (Ideally MEA)
* Experience in setting up distribution across some of these markets for existing multinationals or large scale regional businesses, or a track record in scaling up businesses from scratch and increasing revenue through expansion and wide spread distribution
* P&L management of distributors, forecasting, strong financial analysis skills
* Category management or trade marketing experience as this person will be building the brand in store from scratch
Although there is a strategic element in this role, this individual will be expected to be on the move opening new markets. You will be managing distributors, key accounts, trade marketing as a standalone individual with support from the HQ based remotely.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.