Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Company, is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts over 45 million customers keen to discover our catalogue which includes more than 9.5 million unique products in 35 different categories.
From consumer electronics, household goods, fashion brands and watches to perfumes, toys, and baby products - we offer what our customers ask for. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to sell their products online.
With more than 4,500 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan.
Due to our continuous growth we are looking for an outstanding talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing team and help us build the future of one of the leading businesses in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The candidate must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a timeline and have experience in setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs.
They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners.
They have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, organization, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
• Business partnering with Hiring managers, being their go to for all recruiting related matters.
• Updating candidate records and job postings in recruiting systems and confirming new hires
• Taking a head hunting approach to recruitment to source and select top talent from a cross the globe,
• Providing follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email
• Develop and maintain accurate recruiting data/reports acting as an owner of your respective BU, providing metrics to stakeholders.
• Coordinating the post-interview debrief meetings and providing debrief materials
• Identifying opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
• Participate in recruiting events such as job fairs, Campus hiring and community events to build the Amazon name in country
• Corporate and or search firm progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting, including 2 years in program management and /or talent consulting.
• Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer.
• Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
• Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
• Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member of a virtual team.
• Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
• Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
• Superb customer focus, attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Presentation Skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
• Bachelor's degree
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.