Job description / Role
Regional Technical Manager (Must be able to speak and write in French)
Frequent Visit to our Markets: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Oman, Jordan, Palestine, Qatar
The Regional Technical Manager is responsible for driving the compliance & competency of Retailer Workshop Technical operations to deliver Aftersales customer satisfaction and Customer Retention for a group of Jaguar and Land Rover Retailers in a specific territory of a NSC or Importer.
Drive Technical Excellence within a Retailer Operation
• Works with Retailer management and Repair Operations Staff to actively develop a customer-focused culture, which delivers high levels of customer loyalty and advocacy
• Works with Retailers to review data on customer satisfaction (e.g. CEIP, Mystery Shop, CRC open cases) relating to Workshop process and make improvements to the customer experience
• Supports the Retailer to deliver outstanding customer service by getting involved to ensure the Retailer Technical Processes are aligned to JLR Standards
• Champions the Retailer into the NSC or Importer to achieve a ‘win - win’ outcome which delivers benefits for both the Retailer and JLR
• Monitors the performance of the Retailer’s Workshop against targets, using a wide range of JLR reports and tools (e.g. Repair Standards, Red Flag, RFT, Diagnostics, Quality Checks, Equipment Compliance, Battery Care Standards, Vehicle off Road (VOR), DTS open cases, Campaign Management, CRC open cases, Health and Safety records)
• Reviews key processes (e.g. diagnostic processes, job cards, quality checks, concern reporting (TA, ePQR), Field Service Actions, Warranty processes) and identifies opportunities to improve compliance and efficiency
• Guides Retailer Management to Improve Performance through analysis of Repeat Repair, Quality Check and Red Flag Metrics.
• Coaches and supports Retailer managers to Ensure approved Tooling and Diagnostic Equipment is available and maintained in line with JLR Standards to ensure correct Diagnostics and Repair.
• Compiles a report to communicate improvement opportunities to Retailer with closure plans and responsibilities for each concern raised.
• Proactively follows up on action plans to deliver agreed improvements in Workshop performance
• Maintains data and completes reporting on Retailers in own Region, in accordance with NSC/JLR standards and formats
• Liaises with Retailer managers to respond to requests for data from the NSC
Monitors Performance Against JLR Franchise Standards
• Assesses Workshop and standards against JLR Franchise Standards, DSAT and Retailer Technical Assessment Process and implements in conjunction with Retailer Management any corrective actions required
• Guides Managers to develop the capability and performance of their Workshop teams; ensures that the Retailer is fully compliant with JLR competency and training requirements
• Works with Retailers to review the outcomes from Retailer Standards Audits and implement any corrective action which is required
Supports The Implementation Of JLR Initiatives And Programmes By The Retailer
• Communicates and supports Retailers to implement key JLR Workshop indicatives and technologies (e.g. EVHC, new diagnostic tools) which are being rolled out by the NSC/Importer
• Provides coaching to Workshop teams to support specific initiatives (e.g. use of systems such as TOPix, DDW and SDD)
Drives A Focus On Continuous Improvement
• Supports Retailer managers to identify improvement opportunities for Workshop processes by sharing best practice ideas and providing coaching using improvement techniques (e.g. root causing)
• Works with Workshop teams, using best practice tools (e.g. the Service Experience Framework and Toolkit) to identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure Retailer is updated with Latest Repair and Diagnostic Guides and Bulletins
• Ensure Retailer has a Robust Process for Technician Training and Development
• Acts as an ambassador for the Jaguar and Land Rover brands; role models the JLR Customer First Behaviours in all aspects of the role
• Supports Retailer in the discussions of complex Technical situations with Customer
• Works with other JLR Regional Managers (e.g. Regional Business Managers and Regional Aftersales Managers) and central teams (e.g. Dealer Technical Support) to deliver a ‘joined up’ approach to Retailers and optimise the performance of the territory
• Coaches and supports Retailer Technicians and Service advisors in all aspects of Vehicle Primary and Secondary Diagnostics
• Maintains positive and influential relationships with NSC/Importer teams and JLR Global teams, to input feedback from customers/Retailers
• Relationships with Retailer Aftersales managers and Heads of Business
• Relationships with JLR colleagues working in the same territory
• Relationships with other JLR colleagues (NSC/Importer, Global)
• Achievement of business targets (customer satisfaction/retention, Red Flag, RFT, Red Flag, Technical Case Closure, Equipment Compliance
• Compliance with JLR Workshop standards and processes (e.g. DSAT results, Field Service Actions)
• Successful delivery of business improvement and change (e.g. Workshop capacity planning, systems implementation)
• Achievement of Retailer Technical Assessment Target
Travel: Extensive travel within region
AED 28,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Inclusive of fixed allowances
• Higher National Level - Motor Vehicle Technical Qualification
• JLR Level 3 Technical Learner Journey Qualification
• French language capability
• In Depth Experience of Vehicle Repair and Diagnostics Processes
• Knowledge of Vehicle Retailer Workshop Processes and Practices
• Good Communication Skills
• Have the ability to Coach and Guide Technically
• PC Literate
About the Company
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business, built around two iconic British car brands: Land Rover, the world's leading manufacturer of premium all-terrain vehicles and Jaguar, one of the world's premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
Under the ownership of Tata Motors Limited, Jaguar Land Rover is transforming its business to realise the full potential of its brands and deliver profitable results. Driving the business is a world-class team of 32,000 people globally. In addition we support more than 210,000 UK jobs through the supply chain, dealer network and wider economy.
All of our cars are engineered and designed in Britain and while we have ambitious plans for global growth, the heart of the business remains in the UK. We have invested billions of pounds in our state-of-the-art production, research and development facilities. In fact, Jaguar Land Rover is the biggest UK investor in R&D in the manufacturing sector - ahead of British Aerospace and Rolls-Royce -and in the global top 100 for R&D spend. This investment, along with our on-going support of local communities and encouragement to get young people to seek jobs in engineering has led to Jaguar Land Rover winning the Responsible Business of the Year Award - an accolade we take great pride in achieving.
Customer Experience Specialist
Jaguar Land Rover
Operations Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
Regional General Manager
Body And Paint Manager
Jaguar Land Rover