Job description / Role
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process within the established center, departmental, and unit specific policies and procedures, standards and protocol.
- Experience in Laser Hair Removal and aesthetic treatments
- Establishes priorities of care, nursing actions and desired outcomes in clinical care for all patients.
- Work within the policy of center to deliver the mission, vision and core value of Delma Medical Center.
- Assumes responsibility in delivering quality, nursing care and advocacy for patient’s welfare through demonstration of evidence based practice.
- Perform nursing duties within clinical scope of practice and professional code of conduct as directed by Nursing Administration, HAAD PQR and UAE Nursing norms.
- Provides care through demonstration of appropriate knowledge and clinical assessment skills relevant to medical center and performs their role according to best practice competency frameworks and professional knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations and demonstrates ability for decision making and leadership.
- Ensure continuity of patient care through oral and written communication to the multidisciplinary team according to the needs of the patient as well as establishing a collaborative interaction with the patients’ families.
- Documents all assessment, interventions, and other necessary information in the patient’s medical record according to Delma Medical Center care policy and national and international standards of documentation.
- Demonstrates high level of infection prevention knowledge and actions in the center setting and reports any issue according to DMC policy and Infection Control framework.
- Addresses issues using a problem solving framework, Initiates the nursing or medical/administrative chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily.
- Liaise with other health care team members and departments to provide continuity of patient care outcomes.
- Acts as a role model and resource for junior staff in the delivery of Delma Medical Center mission and vision and core values.
EDUCATION and RESEARCH
- Acts as a preceptor and/or mentor for new employees, trainees and other staff.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth identifying those areas of clinical knowledge and skills that need further development
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring completion of CME’s in accordance to HAAD requirements for their role.
- Attends / performs educational presentations, trainings, and seminars as required by the nursing administration.
- Uses research/current references in the provision of evidenced based care and health teachings for patients and family.
- Evaluates own care, those provided by others, the care system and continuously seeks ways to improve clinical care and initiatives.
- Participates in unit specific quality audits or improvement and safety initiatives as well as implementation of action plans.
- Maintains own registration in the country of origin and HAAD licensing.
- Serves as a professional role model, teacher and resource person
- Demonstrates respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families and other facility employees.
- Demonstrates initiative in performing duties and advocates for excellence in patient care and/or rights.
- Assumes responsibility for own actions, decisions and behaviors while carrying out assigned tasks.
OSHMS to be followed up and documented.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments;
- Comply with reasonable OSH instruction and safe working procedures;
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems;
- Report OSH hazards, incidents and issues.
- Not will fully or recklessly placing at risk the health and safety of themselves or any other person at the workplace by their acts or failures to act
- Attending and actively participating in training programs provided in the interests of OSH.
- Valid HAAD license
- Valid current license from country of origin (expatriates)
- BLS Licensed,
- English Language Skills: Proficient in spoken, written and comprehension
- Arabic Language Skills: Beneficial.
- Computer Skills: basic level – Essential.
- Ability to operate and use clinical devices as required, instructed and trained.
- Ability to maintain safe and proper clinical care environment
- Is generally organized and able to work independently
- Evidence of ongoing personal and professional development and practice.
- Evidence of personal qualities of self-awareness, sensitivity and strong sense of responsibility towards work.
- Punctual, adaptable and flexible, with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on strict timeline.
- Has in-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s system and how it runs.
About the Company
Delma Medical Center is a premier patient-orientated center that is compassionate, convenient and committed to meeting the medical needs of the whole family. Equipped with the highest standards of medical technology, our exceptional team of consultants, specialists and staff are committed to providing personalized care in all our departments.
These departments include: Dental and Orthodontics clinics Venereology and Andrology clinics Dermatology and Beauty clinics
Delma Medical Center aims to grant patients with comprehensive and personalized medical care. We endeavor to provide our services in a friendly, efficient and professional environment, while delivering premium healthcare solutions, which adhere to the highest standards of care and clinical excellence.