Job description / Role
- The School Registrar will work as part of the School Admissions Team and will deal with all government related documentation and information management for students to ensure school compliance in all areas related to student registration, enrollment and graduation
- The School Registrar will build positive professional relationships with external regulatory bodies in Dubai / Abu Dhabi and will be the in-school expert on processes related to the registration of students.
- The School Registrar will also have the ability to support the HR Officer with regulatory requirements relating to staff
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
- Admissions Manager, Parent Relations Officer, Principal
- Liaise with KHDA to make sure all new students are registered
- Put in request for transfer documents within KHDA system
- Register Arabic A and B students according to nationality and passport
- Student data entry /update student entries
- Create checklist of the documents required for each position –Admin/Local/International/Principal/ Nurse etc and update on an annual basis
- Enter data for students and validate information from documents
- Transfer students through the system to other Dubai schools
- Obtain leaving certificates for students leaving the UAE
- Manage year group / grade movements of students each academic year
- Arrange Arabic A & B through the system and monitor exemptions
- Update class lists and students information with regard to Emirates ID
- Support the HR Advisor with HR related duties as required, in particular relating to Immigration/KHDA or tasks which require Arabic reading, speaking and writing
- Any other duties as reasonably expected
- Bachelor Degree in related area or Industry related qualifications. Arabic/English Bilingual
- Experience of working in or with Government offices with emphasis on compliance. A sound understanding of Education in Dubai/Abu Dhabi and the regulatory bodies such as the Ministry of Education, KHDA/ADEC and DHA
- The Registrar will be international minded and have a good understanding of the regulatory bodies in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi.
- As a bi lingual speaker they will be able to develop relationships with all staff and students and know how to manage the process of the registration of teachers and students.
- An ability to work closely with colleagues is essential
- Strong communication skills and an ability to understand complex process and procedure
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.