Job description / Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Dubai based RI Broking team of a Global Reinsurance Broker. The role sits within the Medical team who are well established and have a sizeable MENA portfolio. The Reinsurance Broker – Medical will support the Producing Brokers in the day to day management of relationships with both clients (MENA cedents) and global reinsurance companies.
• Act as an advisor to the ceding company and represent them in discussions with underwriters at reinsurance companies to secure the most favourable treaty terms and conditions.
• Lead meetings between reinsurers and cedents presenting analysis of the data relating to the performance of the portfolio and be involved in the discussion for renewal terms.
• Work with insurance companies to assist with pricing of groups that fall outside existing Treaty terms.
• Carry out data analysis and produce tables highlighting the monthly performance analysis of treaties for medical.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of pricing and analyze any variation of the products (adding and renewing benefits etc.).
• Review income statements and do pricing revisions where they are needed.
• Develop relationships with existing and new reinsurance markets to increase placement capabilities of the team.
• Experience with the analysis of the performance of Medical treaties as either a Reinsurance Broker, Underwriter, Actuary or Consultant.
• High level of numeracy with a proven ability to use strong IT skills to carry out analysis of high volumes of data.
• An understanding of Pricing for Medical Reinsurance for Treaties (both Quota Share and Excess of Loss). Experience of facultative reinsurance for medical is desirable.
• Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills.
• A desire to find mutually beneficial outcomes for both clients and reinsurers.
About the Company
Newbridge Associates is a Dubai based boutique consulting firm with a primary focus on supporting clients in the acquisition, management and retention of talent.
We believe in working in partnership with our clients with the ultimate aim of becoming an extension of their business. This approach ensures that we are effective in sourcing and presenting candidates who meet our client’s requirements on all levels.
We are experts in the financial services industry with experience of working in and recruiting for banks, asset managers, asset servicing and insurance companies. The practical experience of working in the industry ensures that we have a solid foundation of industry knowledge which enables us to truly understand our client’s requirement. The knowledge we have of the financial services industry has allowed us to extend our services to companies in the consulting and software industries who have a core focus on financial services.
With experience working in the global financial centres of Europe, Middle East and Asia we have established networks both regionally and internationally which we utilise to ensure we are accessing the most suitable talent pool for each client.