Job description / Role
Professional management and maintenance of corporate and commercial banking relations, being a senior representative of the bank, in coordination with Unit Head Corporate and Commercial, Head of Corporate and Commercial - Attijari Al Islami.
- Maintain and Manage an assigned portfolio with existing, corporate and commercial clients to reatin and grow their banking relationships in a manner and in line with assigned business growth target.
- identify, solicit and acquire new corporate & commercial clients in line with approved corporate strategies for Assets, Liabilities, Trade and Treasury Sales.
- Negotiate appropriate credit lines in conformity with the Banks's underwriting standards and risk adjusted targets after thorough analysis of Information necessary for the preperation of a detailed credit proposal.
- Making a regular visit to clients for both monitoring and business generation purposes. Such visits to be recorded by way of call reports which are to include all pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Conduct account planning with clients service team members and cross selling other products and services to corporate and commercial clients.
- Ensure timely and accurate credit administration through timely completion of annual reviews and regular monitoring of financials, covenants and other parameters within the review cycle.
- Manage a team of Relationship Officers, set, agree and measure annual target, provide professional advise and guidance.
- Develop a strong level of local contacts with the local business and financial community.
- Comply with Internal Audit requirements.
Experience / Education:
- 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience in Corporate / Commercial banking.
- Working with Islamic Banking would be an advantage
- Degree in Finance or Business Management
- Good verbal and written command of English and Arabic ( Prefer)
- Planning and organizing skills
- Credit Proposal writing skill
- Relationship building skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Marketing and selling skills
- People management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.