Job description / Role
The Remote Processing Station Operator is responsible for all Remote Station Operations (RPS) for AFCENT's War Reserve Material Program and Exercise/Contingency Logistics Support. Ensures all required computer listings and reports are available for all of Amentum's Area of Responsibility (AOR) locations. Montors Standard Base Supply System (SBSS) terminals at assigned location and all AOR locations for proper operation. Develops local software programs to satisfy special processing and reports requirements to automate manual processes and to produce more user-friendly management reports. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Prepares schedules for processing reports and listings at assigned site and AOR Locations as required.
- Writes and debugs programs to satisfy special project requirements. Writes and processes Query Language Programs (QLP) for reports and listings not available through established standard reports. Develops and maintains Microsoft Access database applications supporting special project requirements.
- Coordinates with the Computer Support Base systems monitor to ensure equipment failure and communication downtime are expeditiously restored and to isolate and resolve system software anomalies.
- Performs computer operator maintenance at assigned location and AOR locations if required.
- Troubleshoots and corrects SBSS terminal problems at assigned location and AOR locations if required.
- Ensures all accountable documents output from the RPS are controlled during all hours of operation at assigned location.
- Distributes reports, listings and accountable documents to applicable AOR location sites and other functions within SBSS.
- Obtains user identification codes and monitors and maintains control of transaction codes authorized for use by terminal users at all AOR locations.
- Uploads the necessary Microsoft Windows programs, and updates to various personal computers used as SBSS terminals.
- Works with the assigned data communication technician to ensure communication lines are functioning properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be knowledgeable with PC applications, CD-ROM, Local Area Network (LAN), and emulation boards.
- Experience with the Sperry 1100/60 and 2200 computer systems is mandatory as is the ability to write supply QLP programs.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years experience working with USAF or US service equivalent computer systems.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience in programming is highly desirable.
- Maximo experience is preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.