Job description / Role
Our client, a large industrial firm, is currently looking for a Rental Service Desk Controller for heavy equipment to be based in Dubai. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Scheduling operations specialist on site “familiarisations” & “off-hire inspections” and monitoring the delivery of machines
• Prepare training/familiarization certificates of customer’s operators who were trained
• Attending to incoming hire desk related calls, distributing incoming calls as required.
• Preparing hire agreements and emailing/faxing to the customer.
• Following up hire agreements, LPO’s prior to delivery of machines.
• Coordinate with Sales Manager & prepare the “priority machine list” to be shared with Sales, HD & Technical. Based on this priority list, technical will prepare and make the machines ready for delivery.
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed and filed in coordination with the Workshop Manager to ensure machines are ready to dispatch to clients.
• Arranging the correct transport to deliver the machines after coordinating with site persons and sales managers for delivery & collection times, site location details & specific site access needs.
• Preparing “pre-delivery” photographs of the machines & having them printed out and attached with the delivery notes.
• Preparing the delivery notes and providing them to the transporter.
• Maintaining current utilization reports, ops supervisor schedule reports, and equipment availability reports
• Collecting / following up for the acknowledgement by the customer / client.
• Preparing a job file against each machine & filing the documents, including delivery note acknowledgements.
• Forwarding the information and updating the “daily movement sheet”
• Scheduling and preparing off hire notes as per the instructions from customer letter and Sales Staff.
• Arranging the transport to return the equipment back in coordination with the customer
• Inspecting faxes, liaising with the Sates staff & technical staff closely, for coordination of each specific job.
• Preparing off hire notes and delivering the appropriate files to accounts dept, to generate the invoices
• Maintaining machine movement sheets and cross checking the transport invoices.
• In conjunction with the CM, preparing & maintaining damage reports, estimating cost in coordination with Technical Department and coordinating with sales staff for the generating of invoices accordingly.
• Assist in follow-up payment of damaged equipment invoices.
• Recording required details for clients who have completed their equipment ‘familiarisation’ from operations supervisors. Including preparation of relevant documents and forwarding these to the customers.
• Prepare any relevant month end finance reports to assist the accounts department.
• Maintenance and updation of live reports – MAT tool, Transport recovery sheet, priority machine list, rental log inquiries, de-fleet machine status and damage recovery log.
• Efficient and discipline use of the “Machine availability tool” and relevant key performance indicators reports completion
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Degree or diploma in engineering/ or management - Minimum 5 years of experience.
• ERP experience is essential
• Leadership and supervisory skills
• Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
• Team player with excellent communication and people management skills.
• Negotiations skills
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS office
• Fluent in communicating in English (reading, writing and speaking)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.