Job description / Role
• The National Water Center (NWC) is a multidisciplinary research and consultancy center based at UAE University in Al Ain. Its scope of research encompasses assessment, development, management and sustainability of groundwater, surface water, desalinated water, and treated wastewater both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• The Center provides high-impact research and innovative practical solutions to water-related challenges across the United Arab Emirates and beyond.
• The NWC addresses the country's growing water needs, strengthens the knowledge base and informs water decisions at local and national levels.
• It contributes to the development of water policies and scientifically based solutions through conducting basic and applied research, consultation services, capacity building projects, and collaboration across the country's water science and management institutions.
• The international team of the NWC provides expertise in water resources and environmental management and facilitates the dissemination of knowledge between the research community, water authorities and organizations, and policy and decision makers.
• B.Sc in GIS and RS or other related fields
• Experience in ArcGIS
• A Bachelor or Master's degree in remote sensing, Geosciences, Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering, or related discipline
• Sound understanding of GIS tools
• Ideally with at least five (5) years of applied experience
• Ability to interact effectively with and represent the center to a wide range of clients and stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills are required
• Excellent knowledge of English (writing, reading, and speaking); Arabic language is desirable.
The National Water Center is seeking a qualified individual to join our team in the capacity of Research Assistant to support the development of the National Water Center projects and Research and Development activities. The overall objectives of the job are:
• Assist in providing high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of UAEU and the NWC
• Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
• The Research Assitant is expected to work closely but also independently from the senior research staff.
• Track projects deliverables including progress reports and assist the PIs in producing the deliverables on time to the external sponsor.
• Assist in managing a database of satellite data and the GIS data of the developed maps
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||15 Jul|
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts